Make Your Voice Heard in 2023
Polling places are open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
Here are a few reminders and resources to help you prepare for a trip to the polls:
- Find your assigned polling place: elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/polling-place-lookup/
- Remember to bring an acceptable form of voter ID to the polls. Your Mason ID will be accepted in either physical card or mobile format. However, a photo of your physical ID card will not be accepted. If you forget your ID on Election Day, you will be asked to sign an “ID Confirmation Statement” affirming your identity.
- Read up on same day registration if you missed the traditional voter registration deadline. Mason students who missed the October 16th registration deadline but currently live on campus can utilize the new “same day registration” option to vote on-campus at Merten Hall on Election Day using a provisional ballot. You will be asked to provide your on-campus residential address and Hub mailing address (4450 Rivanna River Way, PMB #, Fairfax, VA 22030), so make sure to have that information handy on Election Day.
- Review your sample ballot: fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/sample-ballots
- If you need it, curbside voting and other assistance is available. Learn more about accessible voting: elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/accessible-voting/#curbside
- Check out the Virginia Department of Elections’ Voter FAQs if you have specific questions: elections.virginia.gov/registration/election-voter-faq/
- If you requested to vote absentee, follow all instructions to properly vote your ballot and submit before the deadline. Absentee ballots must be returned in person on Election Day or postmarked by Tuesday, November 7th and received by Monday, November 13th at noon.