National Voter Registration Day Tabling Event
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Time: 10am – 2pm
Location: Merten Lawn, JC Plaza South (Fairfax Campus)
Partners: League of Women Voters Fairfax, League of Women Voters GMU
#NationalVoterRegistrationDay is Tuesday, September 19, 2023!
Are you registered?
Don’t forget to register to vote or update your existing registration. Learn more: elections.virginia.gov/registration
There’s no time like NOW to make sure you are registered to vote or to update your voter registration with your current address. Visit vote.gov to find out how.
“According to U.S. Census data from 2020, as many as 1 in 4 eligible Americans are not registered to vote. Every year millions of Americans find themselves unable to vote because they miss a registration deadline, don’t update their registration, or aren’t sure how to register. National Voter Registration Day wants to make sure everyone has the opportunity to vote.”
Virginia residents can learn more and register via elections.virginia.gov/registration
Non-Virginia residents can find guidelines for their state via usa.gov/election-office
Qualifications for voter registration in Virginia:
- Be a resident of Virginia (a person who has come to Virginia for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes).
- Be a U. S. Citizen.
- Be 18 years old (any person who is 17 years old and will be eighteen years of age at the next general election shall be permitted to register in advance and also vote in any intervening primary or special election).
- Not be registered and plan to vote in another state.
- Not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law.
- If convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored.
More info about #NVRD from nationalvoterregistrationday.org: National Voter Registration Day is a nonpartisan civic holiday celebrating our democracy. First observed in 2012, it has quickly gained momentum ever since. Nearly 4.7 million voters have registered to vote on the holiday to date. Celebrated every September, National Voter Registration Day seeks to create broad awareness of voter registration opportunities to reach tens of thousands of voters who may not register otherwise. The holiday has been endorsed by the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS), the National Association of State Election Directors (NASED), the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC), and the National Association of Election Officials (The Election Center).
#MasonVotes #VOTE #NationalVoterRegistrationDay