Will you be unable to vote on Election Day in your precinct? There are many acceptable reasons to vote absentee, including:
- Working and/or commuting for at least 11 of the 13 hours the polls are open
- A business trip or vacation out of the country
- Military service
- Attending college outside of Fairfax County
- A health condition or disability
- Being a primary caregiver for a disabled family member
To review all of the criteria for voting absentee in person or by mail, and to download an application, visit the Fairfax County Office of Elections website www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/absentee.htm or call 703-222-0776, TTY: 711.
The deadline to apply to receive an absentee ballot by mail is Oct. 28, 5pm.
The deadline for the Office of Elections to receive your voted ballot is 7pm on Election Day, Nov. 4, 2014.