With less than 100 days until Election Day 2020 (Tuesday, November 3rd), it’s time to start thinking about how and when you plan to vote.
The Virginia Department of Elections recently released information about how to vote absentee by mail and how to vote early in-person: www.elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/absentee-voting
A few highlights:
- You can vote early at your local registrar’s office beginning 45 days before Election Day and ending the Saturday before Election Day.
- You do not have to have a reason or fill out an application to vote early.
- Accessible equipment and/or curbside voting is available upon request.
- You can register to vote, check your registration status, find your polling place, and more using the Citizen Portal (www.elections.virginia.gov/citizen-portal).
- You can apply to vote absentee online or by mail, fax, or email: vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation
- You may request to vote emergency absentee at any time prior to 2:00 pm on the day preceding the election if you or your spouse, child, or parent experience hospitalization or illness (Va. Code § 24.2-705).
Click here for more voter information from the Virginia Department of Elections