Saturday, October 30th is the Final Day to Vote Early In Person!
With the deadline to register to vote or request an absentee ballot behind us, Virginia is entering the final week of early in-person voting. In-person early voting begins 45 days before the election (September 17, 2021 through October 30, 2021). Learn More: fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/early-voting
The final day to vote early in person in Virginia is Saturday, October 30, 2021!
Can’t make it early? You can still vote in person on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. Polls will be open from 6am-7pm.
Want to vote early and avoid lines on Election Day? Here’s how:
Early in-person absentee voting is available for the November 2021 General & Special Elections at the following three locations until Saturday, October 30th (see hours for each location below):
- Fairfax County Government Center – 12000 Government Ctr Pkwy, Suites 2 & 3, Fairfax, 22035
- Mount Vernon Governmental Center – 2511 Parkers Lane, Alexandria, 22306
- North County Governmental Center – 1801 Cameron Glen Drive, Reston, 20190
Thirteen additional early voting locations will be available daily from October 21st through October 30th:
- Burke Centre Library – 5935 Freds Oak Rd, Burke, VA 22015
- Centreville Regional Library – 14200 Saint Germain Drive, Centreville, VA 20121
- Gerry Hyland Government Center – 8350 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22309
- Franconia Governmental Center – 6121 Franconia Road, Alexandria, VA 22310
- Great Falls Library – 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA 22066
- Herndon Fortnightly Library – 768 Center Street, Herndon, VA 20170
- Mason Governmental Center – 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003
- McLean Governmental Center – 1437 Balls Hill Road, McLean, VA 22101
- Providence Community Center – 3001 Vaden Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031
- Sully Governmental Center – 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA 20151
- Thomas Jefferson Library – 7415 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, VA 22043
- Tysons Pimmit Library – 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043
- West Springfield Governmental Center – 6140 Rolling Road, Springfield, VA 22152
IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING HOURS:
- Fairfax County Government Center: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- All other locations: 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 30th:
- All locations: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If you live outside Fairfax County (Mason is located in Fairfax County), find out your early voting locations and times by going to your City/County’s website:
- City of Fairfax: Voter Registration & Elections | City of Fairfax, VA (fairfaxva.gov)
- City of Alexandria: Voter Registration & Elections | City of Alexandria, VA (alexandriava.gov)
- City of Falls Church: www.fallschurchva.gov/135/Voter-Registration-Elections
- Arlington County: Home – Arlington County Virginia (arlingtonva.us)
- Prince Williams County: www.pwcva.gov/department/office-elections
- Stafford County: Stafford County, VA (staffordcountyva.gov)
- Loudon County: www.loudoun.gov/5392/Early-Voting-Information
- Spotsylvania County: Office of Elections | Spotsylvania County, VA
- Fauquier County: Office of the General Registrar | Fauquier County, VA
GENERAL VOTING INFO:
- Photo ID is NOT necessary to vote; your George Mason University Student Photo ID is welcomed on Election Day. If you do not have a valid ID, you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying your identification.
- Only students who register with their on-campus/Hub mail room address (residence hall AND room number) can vote at Merten Hall. All other Fairfax County registered voters must vote at their home precincts. Find your polling station at: elections.virginia.gov.
Still have questions about voting in 2021?
Fairfax County Elections: fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/early-voting
Virginia Department of Elections: elections.virginia.gov
Photo by: btgbtg/Getty Stock Images