Don’t Forget to Register or Verify:
If you have already registered in Virginia:
Check your registration and confirm that you are registered at your current address, find your polling location, or update your registration online at elections.virginia.gov before Oct. 17, 2022.
If you need to register in Virginia:
Qualifications for voter registration: US Citizen, resident of Virginia, and 18 years old on or before November 8, 2022 (born on or before November 8, 2004).
Voter Registration Deadline: Tuesday, October 17, 2022 is the deadline to register to vote or update an existing registration. Learn more: elections.virginia.gov/registration
- NEW: Voters may register through Election Day, and vote using a provisional ballot. Click here to learn more about same day voter registration >
Online: You may submit your registration and absentee ballot requests online only, if you have a Virginia DMV record:
- If you have a Virginia driver’s license, you can register online. Go to: elections.virginia.gov and use the secured citizen’s portal. It takes about 2 minutes to register online, you will need your Virginia driver’s license number. The last day to register or update your registration to be eligible to vote in the Nov. 8 General Election is Oct. 17 postmarked by mail or in person by 5:00 p.m., or online by 11:59 p.m.
- If you don’t have a Virginia driver’s license, go to elections.virginia.gov to fill in the registration form, print it, sign it, and send it to the Department of Elections by mail. Your registration form must be postmarked by Oct.17, 2022.
Students living on the Mason’s Fairfax campus: You may register to vote from your campus address (see instructions below). You will need to change this voting address when you move.
IMPORTANT NOTE for on-campus student voters in Fairfax:
ONLY students registered at their current Fairfax campus address may vote at the University Precinct located in Merten Hall on Election Day.
All other Mason students and faculty must vote at their registered home precincts, either inside the county, within the Commonwealth or your home state.
On-campus resident addresses on voter registration applications for Mason students can be provided in two ways (both are correct):
- ADDRESS OPTION #1: Provide the Hub mailing address (4450 Rivanna River Way, PMB #, Fairfax, VA 22030) as the address for Question #2 on the voter registration application, AND provide your current residence hall name and room number under Question #4 on the voter registration application.
- ADDRESS OPTION #2: Provide your current residence hall’s physical building address for Question #2 on the voter registration application, AND provide the Hub mailing address (4450 Rivanna River Way, PMB #, Fairfax, VA 22030) as the mailing address under Question #4 on the voter registration application.
Don’t know the physical address of your residence hall? Click here to find it on the list >
VA Flag photo credit: btgbtg/iStock via Getty Images